- Need A Provider?
Choosing a provider is a very important decision. Make sure you take the time to find the right one. Write a list of interview questions to ask providers. You might want to ask some of the questions from our list.
- Need a provider? Try WaiverProvider.Com
Please write to WaiverInfo@aol.com if you know of any other resources.
Sample Interview Questions
1. Do you provide services on the FSL waiver (Florida Supported Living Waiver)?
2. If I choose your company, who will be providing the services for me?
3. Will you work nights and/or weekends?
4. I need waiver services on (ex. Monday nights from 4pm-8pm) can you do that?
5. What special skills do you have? (ex. sign language, teaching skills, behavior training, a second language)
6. Are you comfortable working with someone who __________ ? (ex. has behavior problems, is a child, needs total care, doesn't speak English)
7. How do you handle ___________ ? (ex. Temper tantrums)
8. Do you have a back up provider for days you are not able to show up?
9. What types of activities are you willing to help me with? (ex. take me bowling, play football with me, go swimming, take me to look for a job)
10. What appeals to you about working with people who have disabilities?
11. What are your hobbies? What will you talk to me about?
12. How long have you been a waiver provider?
13. How big is your company?
14. Why should I choose you over another waiver provider?
15. What areas are you willing to work in? I live in (your town), will you travel there?